Human Resource Assistant
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Lead recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, student and temporary employees; write and place advertisements, screen applicants for cultural fit, attend career fairs, applicant tracking, coordinate with departments to prepare for on-boarding, and conduct new-employee orientations.
- Coordinate the selection activity of all salaried positions including, working with recruiters, head hunters, universities and other placement agencies for viable candidates, scheduling and coordinating the interviews with the requesting department manager, providing feedback and preparing final offer letter to the selected individual, answering any questions relative to the company, pay practices, etc.
- Support employee relations efforts and company cultural initiatives including employee survey, intake of any employee concerns, employee recognition programs, and exit interviewing.
- Participate in performance evaluation, disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
- Coordinate the legal paperwork and process the documentations with the attorney’s office and review the immigration process documentation.
- Prepare new employee files to include all new hire paperwork, background and reference checks, and benefits enrollment documentation.
- Serve as a point person for all new employee questions.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Process payroll, which includes ensuring PTO and benefits are properly tracked in the system.
- Answer payroll questions and facilitate resolution to any payroll errors.
- Participate in benefits related tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment. Also, keep a track of employee expenses and time records.
- Maintain current HR files and databases.
- Update and maintain employee benefits, employment status, and similar records.
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Perform payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action.
- Complete termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, or other related field.
- 1-2 years of successful work experience in the HR field.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development).
- Commitment to staying current on understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a professional manner.
- Strong problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic accounting principles knowledge. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strength of character, commitment, and reliability. Demonstrates a strong ethical conduct and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills.