Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Job Description: Database maintenance and support.
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology.
Experience: Four plus years of professional work experience as Database Administrator.
- MS Visual Basic.Net or equivalent development language for five years.
- Strong technical development background in at least one relevant technology, along with technical experience developed in a fast-moving web environment for five years.
- SQL Server or Oracle RDMS administration, including: High availability design and installations, Performance analysis and tuning, Backup and recovery for five years.
- Preparation of Run Book for SQL Ops Line 3 (SDO Microsoft).
- Drafting MBR and QBR Decks for Microsoft Stakeholders.
- On Boarding SQL OPS Jobs on Servers.
- Team Building and Mentoring, Training Fresher’s on Latest version of SQL Server.
- Resolving L3\L4 issues, Escalation point of contact for High Priority Tickets.
- Last point of escalation support from SQL DBA end, from here on Microsoft takes it.
- Providing advisory and service improvement plans to Customer.
- Experience in installation, upgrades, service packs, database migrations, replication, clustering, NLB, backup, recovery and maintenance.
- Taking care of SOX auditing for all database services in multiple accounts.
- Installation/Migration of SQL Servers 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014 of production databases. Taking the server out of NLB /HLB during maintenance. Trouble shooting NLB/ HLB.
- Amended MS SQL server security roles and accounts on different databases across multiple servers to limit user access and secure data.
- Monitoring of SQL Servers using performance tools. To determine effectiveness of applications and to identify improvement areas by tuning.
- Extensively involved in doing BVT, SMOKE Test and performing Vertical BVT after every maintenance activity.
- Backup of SQL databases along with creation of daily/weekly maintenance plans on SQL servers.
- Installed and configured stand by server(s) for log shipping.
- Replication/Clustering implementation and troubleshooting.
- Exposure in third party tools like SqlLiteSpeed, SQL check, SCOM, Spotlight and Nimsoft , TSM
- Independently taking care of 240 productions server. This includes web boxes, IIS boxes, SQL boxes, Domain controllers Trouble Shooting Database Related issues.
- Netezza administration tasks typically fall into two categories: System administration — managing the hardware, Configuration settings.
We will provide work authorization, if qualified for the role.
Contact email@example.com Fax : 248 412 4055.